I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Sunshine, and I would like to thank her very much! I feel like I’ve been accepted into some secret [travel] society.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated and link back to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award,
by asking them 11 new questions or the same questions you were asked.
- Make sure to let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them!
- And don’t forget to copy the rules into your post!
Here are the 11 facts:
- I love plants. I just can’t seem to keep them alive. Not even succulents 😦 But if you ever want to give me a pet plant, I recommend a cactus! 😉
- I am way behind on my movie game. I’m more of a show person; I watched the entire Season 2 of “The 100” within 4 days. I need to get caught up on Star Wars and Harry Potter! (New Years Resolutions?!)
- I never eat the last bite of food. I will (attempt to) eat an entire burger but leave a 1″x1″ portion.
- To Do Lists are my life. I write them on napkins, post it notes, my agenda, you name it.
- I hate pants. They’re very restrictive.
- I feel disconnected from my hometown, San Jose, yet feel conflicted when considering leaving.
- I do not mind spending like $58.28 on people I love but think twice when I buy something for $11.90.
- I’m not the best gift giver. I typically hand-make gifts with a lot of thought but realize later that it probably wasn’t the best thing. I made my guy a mix CD. Yes, a mix CD. Oh, I’ve gave him a kitten. Yes, a kitten.
- My #1 New Years Resolution from 2nd to 4th grade was “Get nice cuticles”.
- I went through a Cowgirl phase about eight years ago, when I would wear only overalls, jeans, and plaid clothing while tying my hair into pig tails or braids. I also listened to only Taylor Swift and Kelly Pickler. This phase lasted shortly, thank god.
- I really appreciate recycled products or products made with post-consumer materials. Hence, my affinity for Burt’s Bees and Eos.
Now to the NEW winners of the Liebster Award:
- Katerina @scratchthelist
- Arisa @arisabeans
- Claudia @claudiasanborn
- Daisy Petrie @daisypetrie
- Rosie Bare Foot Bliss
- Leah Went Looking
- Becky Undersea Wanderlust
- Amanda @amandageissler
- Emma The Emma Dilemma
- Wanderlust Eternal
- Kristel @tetaventures
Sunshine’s 11 Questions are:
1. Spontaneously, what´s the first movie that comes to your mind?
The first things that came to mind were all shows. Then, I thought of A Walk to Remember.
2. Summer or Winter? Which one do you prefer?
Summer! Mainly because, as stated on fact #5, I hate pants. Plus, you can’t snorkel in the winter.
3. What is a passion of yours that no one knows about?
I love to knit! One might even call me…a knit-freak. Haha, just made that up and laughed at my own joke.
4. Are you more of a social person or one that likes to keep to themselves?
I would definitely consider myself a social person! I love mingling and meeting new people–but I hate small talk. If we meet at a social event, I expect to discover your darkest secret by the end of the night.
5. What is your favorite free-time activity?
I love to hike! I hope to do more of it this 2016.
6. What are your goals for your blog?
I first started my blog to input journal entries from my trip to Belize and a few festivals I attended over the summer to keep my family updated on my festivities. It still is my main goal–to reflect on special moments in my life and share that with family–but I also hope to write to inspire others to travel in addition to creating money-saving tips for those who don’t want to break the bank while traveling as well!
7. When did you start committing to writing? Or is it just something you do for fun?
I took like a 5-month hiatus from blogging. It’s definitely something I do for fun as opposed to a profession, but I am very serious about this hobby!
8. If you had endless money, what would you do?
Ok, I think we all know the answer to this would be to travel the world haha. And I would do just that, but also pay for my mom to travel too in return for all the sacrifices she’s made to help me travel. I’d also like to volunteer abroad, preferably in South America.
9. What do you do to stay fit?
Easy, I’m not fit.
10. When you think of all the places you´ve been to, what was the most impressive and beautiful one? What did it make it so impressive?
Belize, by far, has been my most favorite memory. It was my first trip abroad without my parents. I learned so much about myself and how to care for myself as well. I explored her beauty–I climbed 30′ granite rocks inside No’Och Cave, I swam chest-deep inside the Aktun Tunich Muknal Cave, and I held about five baby iguanas on my head.
11. Tell us about an event that made you really proud.
This November 28, 2015, I coordinated an event called Sandwiches for the Homeless at my local library. I contacted stores for donations and spread the word of the event through social media. Within 2 hours, the volunteers and I mad 568 sandwiches to donate to a homeless shelter!!
Here are my 11 questions to you guys!
- What are your goals for your blog?
- When did you start committing to writing? Or is it just something you do for fun?
- What is one movie you would like to watch but haven’t gotten around to?
- Where is you favorite place to be? (Can be as remote as a local park or far as Thailand! Anywhere, really.)
- If you have a bucket list, what is one you’re especially proud of accomplishing? If you don’t, what would you like to accomplish?
- How do you plan to celebrate the new year?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- While answering these questions, what distracted you? Or were really diligent?
- What is your favorite thing to do with family? Friends? Partner?
- When was your first vacation? How old were you?
- If you could rename yourself, what would it be?
I look forward to reading all of your answers 🙂 Hope you found this to be as fun as I did! Happy Holidays!